Welcome To Ashburton Physio
We are open for face to face appointments on Monday/Wednesday/Thursdays and Fridays. We are working according to COVID secure guidelines and you will be asked to fill in a form prior to arrival to ensure that you are appropriate for a face-to-face appointment. We are able to provide advice by telephone or appointments by video if more appropriate.
Contact Leah and Alastair on 01364 652883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at Ashburton Physio, you will receive individual assessment and treatment by physiotherapists who want to help you to reach your full potential. Whether it is related to sports and exercise or just general aches and pains, we are here for you. Leah Mears and Alastair Backus are successful clinicians, highly experienced in exercise and manual therapy, with a passion for helping people to move better. We firmly believe in hands-on treatment, alongside exercise, as a means to recovery.
Explore our web pages and FAQs to find out how physiotherapy can help you, and to read what other people think of the service.
Don't wait! G and Aet an immediate appointment to sort out your pain and movement problems.
Both Alastair and Leah are Chartered Physiotherapists, registered with the Health & Care Professions Council. They are both qualified in Acupuncture which they use alongside more conventional physiotherapy techniques.
We are easily accessible, one minute from the A38, near Newton Abbot, Totnes, Torbay, Teignmouth, Exeter, and Plymouth.
Ashburton Physio - Why Choose Us?
- We are passionate about helping people to move better.
- We are highly successful at reaching a correct diagnosis (finding out what is wrong with you)
- We use quality treatment, to get you better and back to normal activities in the shortest time possible
- We aim to see you within 24-48 hours of first contact. The earlier you are seen, the quicker your body will heal
- Our treatment modalities are up-to-date and, where possible, evidence-based. You are in safe hands
- We work closely with other health professionals, including GP's and hospital specialists. We are registered with all major health insurance companies
- Between the two of us, we have over 55 years' wide-ranging experience in the physiotherapy world
What do we treat?:
- People who want to move better
- Back problems including sciatica
- Treatment for neck pain, headache, dizziness, whiplash,
- Shoulder pain management,
- Neural mobilisation for trapped nerves,
- Hip, knee, ankle and foot problems,
- Sports injuries,
- Performing arts injuries,
- Postural re-education and life-style advice,
- Adolescent and children's conditions, as well as care of the older person,
- Stress-related conditions,
- Overuse injuries,
- Fractures and post-surgery rehab,
- Biomechanical assessments,
- Management of arthritic conditions,
- Thoracic Ring Approach,
- Movement analysis for neurological conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis.
How do we treat?:
Manual therapy, including soft-tissue massage, joint mobilisations, fascial work and, occasionally, high-velocity manipulation.
Dynamic movement screening, functional exercise and rehab;
Acupuncture, therapeutic ultrasound, TENS, and a range of taping techniques.
Keep a look out for our latest postings.