Welcome To Ashburton Physio
Welcome to Ashburton Physio which has recently moved to Sunnybank, 18 Eastern Road. We are situated close to town and easily accessible, continuing to enjoy both privacy and peace.
Here at Ashburton Physio, you will receive individual treatment by physiotherapists who want to help you to reach your full potential - whatever your musculoskeletal problem. You can expect a friendly and professional service with the aim of making you fit, well and enjoying life.
We are successful clinicians, highly experienced in exercise and manual therapy, with a passion for helping you to move better. We firmly believe in hands-on treatment, as a means to successful rehabilitation. We will help you to recover as quickly as possible whilst giving you advice and self-help measures to prevent the problem recurring.
Explore our webpages and FAQs to find out how physiotherapy can help you, and to read what other people think of our service.
Don't wait! Get an immediate appointment to sort out your pain and movement problems.
Contact Ashburton Physiotherapy Ltd on phone 01364 652883.
Both Leah Mears and Jenny Wigram are registered with the Health & Care Professions Council and are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
We are easily accessible, close to the A38, near Newton Abbot, Totnes, Torbay, Teignmouth, Exeter and Plymouth.
Ashburton Physio - Why Choose Us?
- We are passionate about helping people to move better.
- We are highly successful at reaching a correct diagnosis.
- We use quality treatment to get you better and back to normal activities in the shortest time possible.
- We aim to see you within 24-48 hours of first contact. The earlier you are seen, the quicker your body will heal.
- Our treatment modalities are up-to-date and, where possible, evidence-based. You are in safe hands.
- We work closely with other health professionals, including GP's and hospital specialists. We are registered with all major health insurance companies.
- Leah and Jenny have over 55 years' wide-ranging experience in the physiotherapy world.
- Back problems, including sciatica,
- Treatment for neck pain, headache, dizziness, whiplash,
- Shoulder pain management,
- Neural mobilisation for trapped nerves,
- Hip, knee, ankle and foot problems,
- Sports/Running injuries,
- Performing arts injuries,
- Postural re-education and life-style advice,
- Adolescent and children's conditions, as well as care of the older person,
- Stress-related conditions,
- Overuse injuries, Tennis Elbow, Golfer's Elbow, Tendonitis,
- Fractures and post-surgery rehab,
- Biomechanical assessments,
- Management of arthritic conditions,
- Thoracic Ring Approach,
- Movement analysis for neurological conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis.
By use of:
Manual therapy, including soft-tissue massage, joint mobilisations, fascial work and, occasionally, high-velocity manipulation (for which Jenny has specialist training);
Dynamic movement screening, functional exercise and rehab;
Acupuncture, therapeutic ultrasound, TENS, and a range of taping techniques.